Showing their passion..

Sunday, November 14, 2010

To care, share and dare..

We just came back from a beautiful weekend in Los Angeles were we attended a family Bar and B'nei Mitzvah.
At the end of the ceremony the rabbi dedicated a sweet speech to the boy and girl and said:
"I want to share with you the same three words my rabbi told me when I became Bar Mitzvah many years ago and that are part of a Jewish living: I wish for you that you will always care, share and dare".
( I thought that was so neat!)

Let's look at the basic definitions:
Care: Feel concern or interest; provide care for; be concerned with.
Share: To have in common, to use jointly; to communicate.
Dare: To be courageous enough to try or do something, to challenge.


The rabbi started giving examples for each word which ignited my own illustration among vivid memories.


Caring about our loved ones is not the only thing we can do to better our entourage. The earth needs us to be conscious of all the things we are doing that affect it..and it is now when we need to be concerned with it. We don't need to embark in complicated projects when our everyday lives are so busy.. but the very many little things we can do count as much.

When there's nobody close to you
I come to offer my heart
when the satellites don't broadcast
I come to offer you my heart

(From the dance Ba Lehatsiya Et Libi)

Sharing is an act that brings joy..and I don't mean only material things. So many people can benefit from us sharing our knowledge, experience and love..Sharing feelings is another way to connect and communicate what we need.Also, there's no better thing than sharing an activity we love with someone else..Is that why so many people start Israeli Dancing? :-)

When all looks lost, there is no more hope
Together, not alone, we will find an answer
We all are man, we are all women
We came to this world as a result of love
( From the dance Chagigaya)

Daring to try new things..to cross a new door can be one big challenge. To be courageous enough to talk to someone we don't know; to enter a class we've never been to; to wear an outfit we'd never think we could; to ask a question in front of someone we look up to become all positive after we dare to take the risks. Challenging ourselves keeps us young and awake through all our lives.

From where will we take the power
to go against the wind
to swim against the current
So we don't have an end

( From the dance Be'Ahava Uvemilah Tova) 

I dare you to try and accomplish all three words in the upcoming weeks :) 
Keep me posted! 
*Songs can be found in www.hebrewsongs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment