Showing their passion..

Saturday, November 6, 2010

"This is the moment" (Ze HaRega)

So.. even though my car is filled with 80% kids music and all I do in every trip is singing Spanish cute songs to Noy; it's been three days that I wake up singing "Ze Harega, Hine Ba'a Hasha'a" (this is the moment, the time has come)..the last dance I taught to my dancers.
I could not resist..I had to go look it up in the www.hebrewsongs.com database and there I was! (yes..I said "I" was and not "it" was).

It's been a while since I am struggling with "finding myself", approaching to my "real calling", that thing that I am supposed to do to really feel I am changing the world..and Houston, S.O.S...we have a problem!

I will never forget the words of someone I was working with at the time I was a youth Counselor..( I was about to start College and wasn't really sure what I wanted to do). After asking him his opinion on what could I be good at  he plain said: "Well, you can't be an Israeli Dance Teacher all your life"..Touche!

More than 20 years later (and a Degree in Play Therapy)... after trying many different routes..the one I can't seem to leave behind is the one I come back over and over again..the one that makes me "meditate in motion", the one that brings me closer to my God, the one that makes me happy..and isn't it that what it's all about?

Well..let's keep it real, Israeli Dancing won't pay for my daughter's College Degree..but it doesn't mean I have to stop it. I am thinking maybe this passion is in my itinerary..Movement, emotions, creation, singing (hopefully you are not too close to hear when I do it though :) seem to be in my course..

I am not giving in..I will keep singing to find myself:

And this is the moment
The time has come
What will the wind bring with it?

There are reasons for everything
There is a dream that never ends
At the end you will be happy..




 This is me in one  of those happy moments caught by Alex Huber :)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! And a big coincidence because I just taught Ze HaRega last Tuesday. Looking forward to more posts- and my IFD blog is www.israelifolkdancingaustin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete