Showing their passion..

Monday, November 15, 2010

One Land

Have you ever thought what defines you as a person?
What are the things; songs; smells; places that make you feel at home?
Many of us came from countries other than the one we live in and have our hearts split when it comes to thinking about home..

Lucky for me, it's not only my mother land of Argentina and the one I proudly reside in the present..but a third one as well! :-)
It is not an easy assignment to convey the feelings I have for Israel..and I mean it.
Arriving at Ben Gurion airport sets the mood for joy.
Walking Israel's streets while hearing the entangled language is an experience on its own..I love the odor that delineate the street markets and the sound of the mizrachi music played around them.

Israel has all the weathers and exquisite geography; historical locations together with emotional sites; great fresh food and friendly people who stay up late at night.
For Israeli Dance lovers there are hundreds of options to attend in any given night almost everywhere you can think of. For curious minds there are great museums. Hikers can experience Masada and be amazed by the views among other things. Jerusalem connects with every one's soul while discovering how observant communities live.
The list is too long to describe.
I had the amazing fortune to get married around Tel Aviv area which made that trip an unforgettable experience and a life bonus :)

The way I know best to describe this wonderful land is by singing and dancing all the beautiful songs dedicated to it and turned into meaningful dance pieces..but that's just me..I hope I am tempting you to go discover this soil of milk and honey which definitely hypnotizes the minds and hearts no matter who your God is.

One land, a dream ingrained
Even if the path is unfamiliar
Here I walk, ever attracted
I have only one land. 
One land, like a garden that blossoms
I hear its warm voice
I belong to it
and I listen to it. 
(from the dance/song Eretz Achat-One Land)
www.hebrewsongs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment