Showing their passion..

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I haven't loved enough...

This early morning I was "half awake", putting all my hope into that coffee cup that was going to keep me company all the way to my Sunday School teachings..
Rainy day after a long night of dancing at my monthly session, listening to a "positive parenting" show at a local radio station; I-pod ready in my bag..I finally made it to the synagogue hall.

I had a packed schedule for the morning..Kids from Kindergarten all the way to 5th grade were ready to have fun and some challenge!! (well, that is what I was hoping for :)

The first group to show up were the 5th graders..Happy faces waving and trying to remember if I was originally from Antarctica, Russia or France..they made me smile right away..but they didn't know that the real excitement was coming soon.. I decided to challenge them and teach "Hafinali" (line dance by O.S.) for the first time.
 I wish I videoed those faces right after learning, at the moment of listening to the music for the first time ! There was a feeling of cheerful joy ..feedback coming and going from their bodies to mine..

Those are the moments that make me feel all the love is in the air...and that I am not only challenging minds, bodies or creating different situations than in the usual classroom; but also letting them explore the world from another point of view.

Later on the Kinder gardeners showed me their power of creation by introducing new steps for a new Israeli song who lost the steps and could not remember them! And yet again..the fervor , the intensity..they warm my heart and remind me every time why I just "adore" teaching children..
Because they mostly teach me; they instruct me that without them my love is incomplete..

A portion in the song "Od Lo Ahavti Dai" translates:

There is so much to build and so much to be
And my love is just beginning.

Find your ways to let children teach you..and remember to see the world from a kid's point of view from time to time...it's pure and refreshing !
 Playing and being silly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment