Showing their passion..

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Remember

A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to have yet another "Jewish Film Festival" in the Bay Area.
I love the opportunity to get in touch with international movies; they showcase different cultures then also different filming styles.
I come from a family of "movie lovers" and because Argentina looks up to the European traits; our movie theaters show quite a nice amount of Italian, French, German, Russian and East European movies among America. I grew up with all of those :)

I found out there was an Argentinean movie in the program.How exciting! "Anita"; the story of a girl with down syndrome whose mom dies at the bombing of the "AMIA" in 1994, the building that represented the heart of the Jewish Community in our country.
I bought tickets right away. My best friend from high school (whom I still miss and remember) passed away on that very sad event in our lives as she was working that morning. Her parents had deceased years before and she was living with her sister at that time.

The motion picture took me back not only in years but also to all those places I used to walk, pass by and share with friends and family...The AMIA was (and was rebuilt) near the JCC where I learned my first Israeli Folk Dance steps many years back..then also became a teacher and worked for the longest time.
Need I say watching the movie was an emotional trip? I realized that even though I've come to live without that special friendship my heart still hurts and my mind is far from understanding why there is so much hatred in our world.

The movie got me thinking about my friend's sister (whom I knew well in the past) ;where could she possibly be, what happened with her life..
It didn't take long to find someone with her name through Facebook. A few messages and a short while ago we reconnected.
Opening wounds it is not an easy labor; in the beginning it reminded me of how much I miss her yet also countless great times together. Losing someone who was truly in your heart is one of the most difficult things to get through. I am really grateful for re establishing communication along with finding out that the love for a sister/friend is what we have in common.

I hope this great love will help me forgive.
I hope she knows I think of her often and that she is alive within me.
And always remember.."Justice, Justice You Shall Pursue".

When you left, it was still raining
and I'm confused, I didn't understand..


How is it possible, how can it be
to suddenly go without a reason
the house is left as a violin without strings
like a redundant song
..
(From: Eich Efshar-How is it possible-) 

This blog is dedicated to the memory of Viviana Casabe and the rest of the people we lost at the AMIA attack.

2 comments:

  1. As I knew her , tears came to my eyes.
    I didn t thought about the places and events,the
    film mill make you remember.
    It is correct , you come from one family of film lovers.
    My grandma , took me when I was 4 ,to the movie s.She went with her european friends
    At that time there was not t.v.
    It was so amussing , today I go on looking for new movies.This is a passion too.thanks karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina, yo fui compañera de Vivi en el Lenguas, y también tuve la suerte de contarla como amiga, aunque no nos frecuentamos muy a menudo. Compartimos algunas cosas muy fuertes con ella. Todavía a veces me sorprendo contándole cosas en mi cabeza, preguntándome qué diría Vivi de tal o cual cosa.
    Un gran abrazo, desde un rincón perdido en el mar.

    Maya Iriondo

    ReplyDelete