Showing their passion..

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Be strong

I am multitasking- as usual-. Talking to my best friend who's having a tough work week; reading the song that inspired me to blog today; figuring out how to complete all the requirements needed to apply for school...and not even sure I can succeed at it; preparing Noy's favorite Mac and Cheese and thinking of my brother who's having some health tests done while trying to figure out what to wear this weekend at that family Bar Mitzvah we are attending...Bingo! I'm officially overwhelmed.

Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like this every once in a while, wait! Maybe more often that that?
On certain occasions getting through a challenging task can be very stressing. I feel pressure in my stomach; my face has a troubled look..and times I even go back to recall a situation that marked my road in life:

I was at the end of my College studies..it was actually the day of my dissertation. The excitement of getting to the "finish line" was more than just that since I had a trip planned to France for a semester; I was going to do an internship in several Health Institutions to do hands on work in Play Therapy.
I came fully prepared for the evaluation. I had to defend a paper I had written with some new theories and ideas.
Five of my previous professors were sitting at the examination room waiting for all of us to go in turn.

After a while my name was announced. Here I was inside this ample room.
My monologue started and after a considerable time one of my favorite teachers stopped me and started questioning some of my ideas..I suddenly realized  the tone in her voice changing, her bodily expressions serious and harsh; she started giving me negative input on my work..only without logical justification.
The exam took longer than usual..I found myself answering tons of theoretical questions, all of them replied with accuracy until the board decided to approve the test.

A friend told me weeks later when she heard one of our teachers say:
"Why would she have the opportunity to go to France without the experience WE have"? :/

I learned I don't have to forget who I am; I have to remind myself here and there that I am not only the woman who makes mistakes; forget things; makes wrong decisions but the one who is capable of many things as well. The one that never finds regret in opening a new door and taking the positive from every new experience.
This is my wish for all of us out there..when someone tells you "this thing you are doing is not right" it just means "that"; and not the "whole you" is wrong. Remembering it makes it easier to keep going in the look for new doors to be opened!

"Gather all your strength,
It is easier to talk when you get over your fear.
in spite of all, you understand that this is the way,
be strong my friend - be strong.
and you'll overcome."
( from the song Heye Hazak )

1 comment:

  1. you surprise me , its true I see you have learnt a lot .A kiss

    ReplyDelete