Showing their passion..

Friday, November 26, 2010

It is never too late.

I got a note from a lady who turned 90 years old and decided to share some thoughts she learned throughout her life.
I thought they are the type of statements that are worth reading with a cup of tea (warm or iced depending on what part of the world you are reading from :)
I decided to translate some and then I got stuck with a particular one..
  • Life is not fair, but it's still good.
  • Life is too short to spend it hating someone.
  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick; your family and friends will.Keep in touch.
  • Crying with someone is more comforting than doing it alone.
  • Make peace with your past so it won't ruin your present.
  • Breathe deeply, it calms your mind.
  • It's never too late to have a happy childhood.The second time depends only on you.
  • What other people think of you is none of your business.
  • Time heals almost everything.Give it time.
  • Don't take yourself too seriously, nobody else does. 
  • Forgive everything to everyone.
And this is where I got stuck..forgive everything? to everyone? Come on! There are things that can't be forgiven.
I am one of those who had "unforgivable" situations in her life..only then to meet friends along the road who showed me I am not the only one.
What I guess I've learned is to look at the big picture. To face "north" and keep rolling. To turn the negative into positive and always learn from what happened; even if it feels it's very little.
Well; sometimes we need to repeat cycles until we are ready to jump into a new one..Have you ever found yourself asking: "Why does this always happen to me"?

I lived those moments of being too upset to come to my senses. I know it is not easy to get past them. Sometimes it is a matter of forgiving ourselves first ; making peace with whatever was so we are able to open new chapters in our lives.
Forgiving is a process and it is as healing as being able to say "I am sorry".
I love this piece from a "classic" in our folk dancing world that always talks to me..and some of my friends as well..

..Not to run away from my self
I have to be careful
To look forward
Not to get dragged
There are hard moments
The horizon is not clear
But I have to always believe
That not all is lost...
( From "Lakum Ve La'amod- To get up and stand)

No comments:

Post a Comment