Showing their passion..

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coexisting

 
This short video happened a little while ago at Santana Row, in San Jose,California where I was strolling with my baby. 
It was actually an Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony to officially kick off the season. The theme for this year Event was "Love is all Around" celebrating Holiday Traditions around the world. 
I got there the minute the Israeli Dancers where entering the stage! Go figure!
I couldn't believe my eyes..which started tearing a little ( I need to clarify that since being a mom I cry more often..maybe it's just only me :) but it was so exciting to see young dancers moving to our traditional songs and so many different groups coexisting and rooting for one another.
Right after the dancers, a Kids Choir went up stage to sing highly enjoyable carols and many other groups were waiting to be seen as well.
I just loved the atmosphere while realizing there were so many different communities in the audience as well. Kids, parents, strollers watching and taking in the lights, the colors the costumes and melodies.
This is a touching example of how we can better the world with little things; on how we can all exist together in spite of being so different.
It is my wish that this small act will be copied all over the world.
Somewhere someone is singing
somewhere the song is overcoming
a new person opens his eyes
a new world wakes up
(From the song Olam Chadash-A new world)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post Karina. I am glad you and Noy made it to this event. We had a blast too! Loved the kids performing all types of dances from all different countries and cultures.
    We are so lucky to be exposed to so much diversity, art, and great opportunities. Thanks for posting the video!

    Kathy & Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed the video so much , you writing as well.
    I love the little poems at the end of your essays.
    Go on !

    ReplyDelete