Showing their passion..

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Family

This weekend I've been reflecting about family.
We had several days of spending time together due to Thanksgiving and it certainly changed the pace of our hectic schedules.
As our baby has been fighting a cold, we stayed home,watched movies and went on short outings more than meeting friends.

I am always grateful to have a family. A wonderful husband and the sweetest baby girl.
I am lucky enough to have two wonderful parents whom I miss and wish lived closer; I have a sister and a brother who despite being far keep in touch often.
Don't you think my family is perfect..ha ha! far from that. We disagree most of the times; my mom suffers when my sister doesn't call; my brother complains when my mom can't keep secrets; my dad doesn't like it when my mom kvetches over his motorcycle trips with friends; I get upset when my brother has a bad attitude towards my mom...Does any of this happen to you? :-)

I am well aware that many of us don't have their families at all anymore. Sometimes they can even be in the same Country or State and yet feel like they are gone forever. Now we always have a chance to create our families among the people we love. I have members in my life I consider family even though they are not related by blood; they are well rooted in my heart.
At times it is easy to get stuck to the ideal of a family...We wish we had that perfect support group like the ones on TV shows..Wait..it's been long time since I watched a show with a "perfect family"! Maybe because there's none?

I am blessed to have created a family as well, only then to see how difficult it is to keep the balance between responsibilities, disagreement, likes, dislikes, kids ( and how to raise them), TV, food choices and did I mention love and passion? :)
I guess that phrase " You have to choose your battles" comes in handy. The problem is having it at hand when needed :)

All in all, life gives us all the opportunity to have a family and even more to create one around us.
We just need the main ingredient : LOVE (maybe some patience too) and one of the most challenging things: saying what we need; telling them how we feel; opening our hearts.
It is all worth it.

Give me time, reach out your hand to me
Until we will discover the country together
I know the road is still long
But your roots are already in me.

(from Ata Li Eretz- You Are My Country)

1 comment: