Showing their passion..

Friday, December 17, 2010

You will never leave me

This is the season when we tend to reflect about our lives..yet sometimes it takes us a lot of time and insight to understand what a mother means for us.

I am extremely blessed to have my mom in my life; even though she is geographically far we are close as we can be. Technology acts as the miracle which keeps as connected everyday although we are both old timers and love to send each other things through snail mail every once in a while :-)

I could state that my mom is a regular one; but in my world she is far from that.
She did some studies; she left things behind to take care of her kids; she took the time to teach me what I believe is a conspicuous amount of who I am; even so she instructed me by being herself. And she keeps herself very busy these days :)
My mother made and keeps making lots of mistakes..then I am a novice at being a mommy myself so I understand now how difficult it is not to make any!

What I cherish the most is the fact that she supports me in every way. When I do right, when I do wrong, when I am not sure which road to take, when in pain so as in laughter, when feeling lonely as well as when I have the happiest news to share. She is always there for me.
As I said, I am blessed and lucky.

I have friends who lost their moms; others who have them very far from their hearts. Some of them can't share any feelings since their moms won't listen and there are the ones whose moms are sick and can't take care of themselves.
I believe in one way or another we all have a mother in our hearts and souls. It can be a chosen one; someone who plays that role when in lack of the one related by blood.

My mother gives me unconditional love and this is what gives me strength, confidence and makes me feel heard when in need. She will also disagree when she wants to show me I am wrong.
I learned that each sibling in a family has a "different" mom even when it is the same. Then I guess we are different kids and that may be the reason why we "live" different relationships each one of us. Still, this is the mom we have and we love her in our own particular ways.

Many times we wish our moms could change and be someone we want her to be. Now..remember when they say "you can't change anybody but yourself"? Oh well..this is I believe one of our biggest challenges in life: to accept, conciliate with this person who does the best she can, the best way she knows.
Come to think that mothers have the most difficult task in the world; we graduate to motherhood the same day a child is born...and we didn't go to school for it! Parents learn while walking the road and nowadays there is more information which is of great help compared to the past.

Someone taught me that people who leave a mark in your life are always inside of you. Even when they are not around you can travel to your heart and think of how that person would have answered to your questions as well as give you warmth. My mother is definitely one of those.
Thank you mom for being who you are. Becoming a mother myself contributed in understanding all the sacrifices someone does in the name of true love. Yet it is the best feeling one could ask for.
Thank you. I love you.

Who walks by my side
for the length of the journey
with each dream, each look,
Mother.
Who wraps all of me,
in a never ending warmth
in love, in worry,
Mother.

Just embrace me
and see who's dearest to me of all
don't change for me
don't leave me ever, ever.
You know the way,
to the heart that has no secret
your hand touches my soul
and covers everything.

Who gives all of herself
without a shadow of regret
in her soul close to me
dear Mother.
You were never broken
you never err
you wipe away my tear,
Mother.
Like a sun you shine
and evil turns to good
come Mother, take the fear
and hug me close.
( From the dance "Ima"- Mother )

No comments:

Post a Comment