Showing their passion..

Sunday, December 5, 2010

When things don't go as planned

Last week I scheduled an appointment to get a much needed massage. I dreamed about it for days and was so excited that I manage to arrange the perfect time for baby to be watched, and a quiet day after it.
The night before the meeting I got a message in my phone in which they let me know it had to be canceled due to a street parade.
I was so upset! I couldn't get out of my disappointment. All my perfect arrangements ruined. My awaited time for myself gone. Why does this happen to me?

The next morning I started reflecting on how we react upon things that don't go the way we want.
The truth is that most of the times life presents us with challenges as well as situations that don't unscramble the manner we expect. We have the choice of feeling frustrated and upset (like I did and it's a normal first reaction I believe) but the goal is trying to use them as an opportunity to learn and move on.

When in need to fight for what we want we grow, we learn; making our lives better.
I am your clear example in showing that it is not an easy labor to just accept defeat; yet sometimes I am good at looking at it with some humor. In the end, looking at things and being able to laugh about them makes our days lighter.

One important point is to always try to finish what we started..then we are able to turn around that taste of defeat. Even if we don't accomplish what was in our plan.
I also believe it is vital to learn from our foiling and pains. To stand up, recover our self confidence and keep focused in what we desire are critical steps in our path to growth.
Don't forget that believing you can get to the finish line is winning half of the race..the rest: life will tell.

End of my story: When I called the massage place and told them I was really disappointed they not only quickly reschedule but also offered free daycare for my toddler while taking the massage. Yeah! :)
I am closing this blog with a smart line I read:
"Focus on solving the problem and not on trying to understand it" ( It can be very useful at times!)

No comments:

Post a Comment