Showing their passion..

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ready to play?

Last night I went to an open house for a school I am interested in; then this morning I visited a kindergarten where I could be sending my toddler next fall. How funny is that?

The meeting I attended for my prospective school produced mixed feelings. It was a weird amount of being anxious, nervous and wondering if I remember what it is to be in an educational setting after so many years of being on the "teacher" side. I tried to imagine myself sitting at a class taking notes and interacting with other students:
I was afraid to ask questions; I was wondering if my inquires would be silly compared to the rest of the people..some of them looked so determined!
I decided to just be in the moment and see how I felt.

This morning my daughter came with me to see the preschool. The second we entered the first classroom she asked me to take her out of her stroller and there she went. She blended with toys and kids; she started playing with pots and pans, walking around and saying: "Wow"..wow!  (she says wow when she sees something new and appealing..so imagine how many wows she said! :)

I wish I was like her. Life takes our "fresh approach" on things as we walk it, doesn't it? When we meet a grownup who is more playful at times we see him as immature.
I know; extremes are not good for us, but being aware that we need to get in touch with our "inside toddler" from time to time is important.
Looking at things not only from a "wow" perspective but also feeling confident that whatever I have in me to share will be unique, makes experience richer.

This whole event of things made me also ponder about the emotions lived by new dancers who try a class. You may feel like you know very little even when you've been exercising for a while; or that you can't add much to the group..but you always can. Don't forget you have your own abilities and trying something unfamiliar fortifies your weaknesses. Then, you are creating self confidence.

Can you challenge yourself to try one new thing with kids eyes? Yet if you do it all the time would you help someone else who doesn't? :)

 Melodies of childhood are already distant.
Even the guitar is ashamed to speak.
And no one remains for me, who will tell the story...

(From "Metukim"- Sweets)

No comments:

Post a Comment