Showing their passion..

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dancing the year away

We are very close to the end of the year and I see many folk dance celebrations coming up around the country.
I am having my last 2010 Dance Party this coming Saturday as well so I feel the excitement around the corner.

Most of us dance leaders feel the need to rejoice with our extended families by showing our love in motion. The main attire being the dance shoes, we gather not only to share snacks but mostly our love for the choreographies that captured our hearts and make us sing along while moving in circles.

I was reading about the origins of dance in the world and it is interesting to point out that dance has been certainly an important part of ceremony, rituals, celebrations and entertainment since before the birth of the earliest human civilizations.
It was used in a structured way to tell myths and show feelings even before language existed.
Even though there is a countless amount of styles, they all have something in common: Dance is used as a form of expression, social interaction and involves a spiritual connection.

Dance is generally compared to life; learning to flow effortlessly through it is a stimulating task yet more fun when shared with others.
Even when not being part of a dance community it is refreshing to play some music and just move to the rhythm. Don't forget it is healthy for the body and soul as well :-)

To me, dancing makes me feel in the moment. I am present, alive and every minute counts.
In this crazy world; we forget to live in the moment at times..we save for the future, we take our time to ask for forgiveness, we are afraid to show our feelings, we make plans long in advance dismissing our everyday treasure: life. It is all about the little moments that we add up.
I am wishing you feel the spirit of peace and love that dance gives me. Embrace it and share it these holidays. When in need of a smile, remember to dance!

This is the time to wake up
to a nicer world
to touch with a great love in our hearts
this is the time to come close,
there is no more fear of pain 
Together we are one, ooh...
hope rises in our hearts, hey...
I know that we, we can make it if we try
look into your soul,
listen to your heart
I will love you forever 

( From the song "Ze Hazman"-It's the time )

1 comment:

  1. After reading the blog ,I feel in the mood to dance,
    I believe it is a caress to the soul

    ReplyDelete