Showing their passion..

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The type of love I want

An 80 year old man arrived at the hospital to have some stitches removed from his thumb and asked a doctor kindly to do it fast since he had an appointment in half an hour.
The physician tried to help him even though he knew it could take long and asked him if he had another practitioner's meeting he needed to be at. The man told him no, he had to meet his wife for breakfast at her nursing home.
The doctor asked about his wife's health only to know she had Alzheimer's for long time. He then inquired if she would be upset due to her husband coming late.
The sweet old man explained that she could not recognize him since years before. Surprised, the doctor asked: "And you still go every morning, even though she does not know who you are?"
The mature man patted his hand and said: "She doesn't know who I am but I still know who she is" .

This story made me tear and think this is the type of love I want in my life.
True love is neither physical, nor romantic. It is the acceptance of all that is, was, has been, will and will not be.
Love is a delicate feeling and making it last in time takes a great amount of effort. Yet, when you feel true love your life has a depth and meaning worth to experience.

To love is a gift from the soul then the enjoyment of giving is what makes it grow. Loving is a personal decision which demands a little bit of craziness and some magic too; but if we are committed, dedicated and faithful it can become solid and able to surpass the strongest crisis.
To love means at times disagreeing as long as respect is kept in the picture.

The ingredients to mix in the soup of love are: *A full box of commitment *A cup of generosity *Five spoons of dedication * A handful of fidelity * Four drops of intimacy and * A tad of magic :)
Some of the ingredients are going in extinction..I know; but I trust us humans to be resourceful and find them looking inside our souls.

There is no other love like this in the world
Like in the bible, Adam and Eve
I want you to know it is from here until the end

In good times and bad, I will continue to love
I will soar to the sky, cross the sea
I will follow you to the end of the world

(From the dance: "Ad Sof Ha Olam-To the End of the World) 

No comments:

Post a Comment