Showing their passion..

Monday, December 13, 2010

The end is where we start from

I read the following quote from T.S. Elliot today :
"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

As we are approaching the end of the year I felt this statement could be a good starting point to think about our actions, accomplishments, emotions as well as how we see ourselves looking back.

It also made me reflect on the difficulty it poses to close a cycle at times. We are afraid of what's going to come; taking a step to the unknown feels like falling into an abyss. What if I am alone? What if I loose what I had? What if I don't feel comfortable in my new skin? How am I going to be seen by my peers? Are they going to think less of me if I make this change?

Sometimes faith can be a great ingredient to use when a new beginning comes. It is something we have inside which can teach and help us become stronger throughout our lives. 
Staying positive yet being calm when capable will help appreciate everything coming our way.
Accepting that we can succeed at our new endeavours is at times more difficult than making peace with things we are afraid to let go.

This is just the beginning of the end of the year. A signal to kickoff the tornado of thoughts before we encounter the new commencement, or the end.

It's the time,it's the day, it's the moment
The freedom is calling me from all the roads
It's the time, it's the day, it's the moment
The freedom is calling me to take the exit to new lives.
(From Hatchala Chadasha- New Beginning )



 

No comments:

Post a Comment